To whom it may concern:
In anticipation of the NATO Summit in Riga and considering the interest of the region, and especially of the Republic of Macedonia, invested in this event, the Association “Balkan Security Forum” from Skopje, in line with its Working Programme, is initiating a series of debates and promotions entitled:
“RIGA – THE MACEDONIAN ROAD TO NATO, EXPECTATIONS AND OBLIGATIONS”
The following speakers will take part at the debate:
• Mr. Lazar Elenovski, Defence Minister of the Republic of Macedonia,
• Mr. Blagoja Markovski, President of the Balkan Security Forum
• Mr. Solomon Pasi, Ph.D. Chairman of the Foreign Policy Commission, National Assembly of the Republic of Bulgaria,
• Mr. Maksim Minchev, Director of the Bulgarian Telegraph Agency and author of the book “Atlantic Solitaire”.
After the debate, “Balkan Security Forum” (BSF) will promote its publications :
– “Macedonia towards NATO” – a publication on the activities and efforts of the Republic of Macedonia and Macedonian society aimed at approaching NATO, and
– “Atlantic Solitaire” – experiences of the Atlantic Club of the Republic of Bulgaria in the development and realization of the idea for Bulgarian membership to NATO.
These two publications will be also presented at the NATO Summit in Riga, November 27-29, 2006. These publications will present the view of the Balkan Security Forum considering the Macedonian integration in the NATO and will contribute to speed up the process of integration.
The debate and two books – publications published by the Balkan Security Forum will be promoted in the Holiday Inn hotel (hall Millennium 2) on 24 November 2006 (Friday) at 11.00 hrs.
Balkan Security Forum